Lower back pain is a very common problem, with about 80% of the population facing back pain at some point in their lives. In about 23% of cases, it becomes a longstanding problem, while at 5%, it becomes disabling. Lower back pain is also the second largest cause of work absence, after the common cold.
The lower back is a complex structure composed of bones, ligaments, joints, fascia, discs and muscles. Pain can arise from any of these structures, and pinpointing the exact source can sometimes be difficult.
A slipped disc is probably the commonest cause of lower back pain, usually occurring at L4/L5 or L5/S1 level. The slipped disc will then ‘pinch’ on the nerve (at its respective level), causing pain radiating down from the lower back to one of the legs.
Other causes of lower back pain include trauma (overstretched of soft tissues at the back), osteoarthritis of the spine (spondylosis), compression fracture of the vertebral body (secondary to osteoporosis), or rarely an abnormal growth at the back.
So, how do we usually deal with back pain nowadays? Painkillers, injections, physiotherapy & operations (only in 2% of the cases) are the mainstay. Many patients are told to bear with the Pain, which is quite debilitating.
By correcting the alignments of the spine, our Orthotics can help to reduce our patient’s back pain with up to 85.1% success rate (Based on a 6 weeks clinical study done in Georgia, USA).
滑动椎间盘可能是腰痛最常见的原因，通常发生在L4 / L5或L5 / S1水平。滑动的椎间盘将“捏”在神经上（在其各自的水平处），导致疼痛从下背部向下辐射到其中一条腿。
According to a study done in Malaysia using Community Oriented Program for the Control of Rheumatic Diseases(COPCORD) protocol initiated by ILAR & the WHO, the KNEE was responsible for 64.8% of all complaints pertaining to the joints. The most disabling encounter for patients with knee pain is the inability to squat.
The most common diagnosis of Knee pain is the Osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee. The cause of OA is basically wear and tear, as well as unnecessary pressure on the knees due to excessive use, i.e. in competitive sports or in overweight individuals.
Some common treatment modalities in the market now include painkillers, glucosamine (joint supplements), steroid injections, physiotherapy or operations (total knee replacement). Most of these treatments are meant to alleviate the symptoms & many of the patients continue to suffer from Knee Pain.
By supporting the arches of the feet, our Orthotics are able to prevent excessive inward movement of the knees, therefore reducing the unnecessary stress over the medial (inner) side of the knees.
Our feet is a miracle given to us by God. Comprising of only 5% in mass, they carry the rest of the body (95% in mass) for our entire lifetime. Therefore, when there is a problem with our feet, our body tends to suffer its consequences. You may try this by lying on the bed for a week and observe what has happened to you.
In the olden days, people walked around bare footed on soft surfaces like sand, soil or grass. There is plenty of support to the arches of the feet. Due to urban development, we are now walking on hard surfaces like concrete. This causes the arch of our feet to collapse, leading to misalignment of our body.
Bunions is a common problem now, partially thanks to the invention of high heels. Bunions are usually progressive, and can result in instability, due to the loss of function of toes when they overlap each other.
When too much weight is placed at the heel, inflammation of it is called ‘Plantar fasciitis’, and the pain usually occurs right after prolonged rest. Hence, patients usually complain of ‘stepping on needles’ in the morning when they first wake up from their sleep.
By correcting the weight distribution of the foot, our Orthotics are able to help patients who suffer from feet related problem, without the side effects of painkillers, injections or operations.
Back by years of research and development, our Orthotics are designed to reposition and realign your feet to the correct posture by: